Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Fairy Lake

About twenty miles outside of Bozeman you hit Fairy Lake Road. Then it is only another seven miles up a dirt road to a beautiful lake with a trail looping the outskirts. Well, that was all well and dandy until I hit the dirt road. Apparently in Washington dirt roads mean finely packed small pieces of rock, while in Montana they are a bit more hard core then that. Meaning, giant boulders and one foot deep potholes.


Here is a nice break in the road where I stopped to take a few pictures. The mountains here are so beautiful, I can't wait to see them covered in snow!

              

               

These thistles were on the side of the road and they were so neat looking, they are a much brighter purple then what I am use to. 


I also found these guys on my dirt road adventure. She is such a pretty auburn color, my dog wasn't sure what to think of them. 



I finally reached the lake and it was defiantly worth the drive! This is where I should have brought my tripod and had a panorama view. But, you can still see how beautiful it is. 



The hike was only about a mile all around but it gave my plenty of time to doodle and throw the stick for my dog. Happy hiking! 



No comments:

Post a Comment