Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Middle Cottonwood

I have decided that if I am ever in a bad mood all I have to do around here is step outside and I can't help but be cured of it. Everywhere I look I am surrounded by beautiful mountain ranges and some even several miles from my home. A thunder storm had just rolled out and the skies had cleared so I ran up to Middle Cottonwood after work. The drive up there was quite pleasant through the country and backing up to the Bridger mountain range. I ooeed and aawed at old barns and landscapes but didn't stop, so that I could make it up and back before the sun set. Here is the trail markings at the actual end of the trail.

As you can see not the most strenuous hike, but perfect for a hike after work. I went up in the late afternoon which is not the best lighting for photography, it creates a lot of shadows and overexposed areas in your photograph. Since this hike was fairly wooded, I ended up not having to much of a hard time with it. 


This is what the trail is like in the beginning of the hike kind of open with smaller trees enclosed around you. The trees are starting to turn colors for fall and I am sure they will be breathtaking in another couple of weeks!


This was the second of two bridges, luckily if you were to fall in it is only a couple of feet down. My dog chose to walk through the water rather then brave the bridge.


This is where the terrain started to get into the canyon, with lots of evergreen trees and rock side walls. The creek provided a nice cool breeze to cut the heat. 


This time of year I am always surprised to still find a couple of wild flowers that have survived the first couple of freezes. These were the only ones I saw the entire time. 


Towards the turn around marker the trail goes into into a meadow and then branches off into several other hikes into the Bridgers. On my way back I ran into a few hikers and mountain bikers who were discussing the momma bear and baby they saw back by the second bridge. Probably lucky for me, I did not run into them on my way back. Although winter is defiantly coming, quickly, I am eager to get a few more hikes in before the snow sticks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment